Sonntag, 6. September 2009


Diary of a [MERCS]





Not so long ago I was lost in space. I just decided to use the two weeks free trial, which is offered by CCP, not because I wanted to test EVE but because I wanted do play something until the release of Aion. After a few days I already knew, that EVE was a most fascinating "game" and that Aion was in big trouble.



So lost as I was in my first few EVE days, I was happy that a rookie channel existed, otherwise I would probably still be trying to find out how to use a gate or repair my ship!
Unfortunately, the rookie channel was full of noobs like me and the few helpers where not in a position to deal with all the questions that were spammed into the channel.
So I visited the channel only occasionally and was ... lost in space...
I was saved by Tikka which invited me to a personal chat. He pointed out, that a channel named Gedankensturm existed and that I could get help in the German tongue. ( I m not German, but I live there so is quite handy to use German to me)
After one day in that channel where people helped me without wanting anything in return (which I find most impressive) I decided that their corps deserved a noob like me to become member of it.
It was the best decision I ever made in my game-playing career. (I´m playing mmo´s since Diablo II came out)
Since [MERCS] is a pvp-corps I was clear which "career" was awaiting me. This is where my story starts. I called it "Diary of a [MERCS] but I could have called it also "First nooby steps in Eve" or something like it.
If you should be interested in my efforts, my experiences, my motivation to integrate myself in this corps or if u just would like to know how to become a [MERCS], just stick to my diary and I´ll allow u to look behind the screens of a perfect organised pvp-Alliance.
Honour Aka Hon

DIARY OF A [MERCS]




06 th of september 2009


I was just only a day or two old in my new corporation G.I.S.
New as I was, I moved after the invite into the corps to our base. It was a long journey and I had to cover lowsec. Lucky 4 me, my new corps directly headed into my direction and scouted me to our HQ.
After I arrived, I was a little bored, because I quickly learned, that a noob in lowsec is freeloot for everyone.
The first Pirate that killed me even had the help from some rats in the belts and before I realised what happened I was back in Cistuvaert, since he also killed my pod!





So I flew back in a velator and when I arrived in lowsec, my adrenaline-curve started to rise, but I made it back to HQ in one piece.
A lost another Destroyer to npc rats so I decided to chill at the station.



All started to run better in the evening, where [MERCS], our Alliance with COM-STAR, took me along on a hunt for unfortunate blinkys. (wtf is a blinky I asked myself) I quickly found out*gg
We destroyed a few ships and I even made little damage in my incursus. I even shot on my own mates, since all was red and I lost my nerves.
At night I could not sleep, because I was still excited and on the other hand angry because I made a lot of mistakes.




[MERCS] Mercs For Hire - Public Relations

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Please remember: Spam or Smacktalk will be deleted immediatley and isn't a sign of fairplay!